District Leader Evaluation
Reframing the Right Balance for Instructional and Operational Leadership
Marzano Evaluation Center collaborated with Robert J. Marzano to develop the updated 2018 District Leader Evaluation Model based on the most current research into the relationship between school district culture and student achievement. The model is the only school district leader evaluation framework designed to correspond to both a teacher evaluation and school leader evaluation framework to maximize impact on raising student achievement. The model is also closely aligned with a fourth component, for non-classroom instructional staff: the Focused Non-Classroom Instructional Support Personnel Evaluation Model.
Features of the Marzano District Leader Evaluation Model (2018 Update):
- Built on a foundation of research into the connection between school district leader actions and student achievement
- Integrated with the Focused Teacher Evaluation Model
- Centered on what’s important and how to get there: student achievement
- Contains six domains with 20 categories of school district leader actions and behaviors
- Provides clear evidences to ensure that district leaders are evaluated fairly and accurately
- Comes with a full slate of tools, training, and expert assistance
A Vision for School District Leadership
The District Leader Evaluation Model builds upon three decades of research into the relationship between district and school administrator behaviors, teacher use of instructional strategies, and student achievement. It is the capstone of a tightly aligned evaluation system that ensures all educators and support personnel in a school district are committed to the same goals.
Marzano District Leader Evaluation Resources
Marzano Evaluation Center partners with school districts in every step to implement the District Leader Evaluation Model. We train both district leaders and their supervisors in the model and share proven tools for building district leader capacity over time. We are dedicated to your school district’s success from day one.