Vocabulary for Learning
Learn how to systematically build academic vocabulary into instructional practice.
Vocabulary for Learning is aligned to the Marzano six-step process for vocabulary instruction. Participants will learn each step of the vocabulary instruction process and see examples of how to implement them. They will also plan specific activities to implement each step in their own classroom. In this ‘hands-on’ session, teachers focus on, plan for, implement, monitor and track progress for each of the six steps of vocabulary for learning.
Participants Will Understand
- Highly effective vocabulary strategies
- A six-step process for effective vocabulary instruction
- How criteria for success drives vocabulary instruction
- The purpose and how-to of monitoring and tracking student progress of vocabulary instruction
Participants Will Be Able To
- Decide which vocabulary terms to focus on
- Integrate vocabulary instruction into rigorous standards-based lessons
- Plan for the desired result of each of the six steps of effective vocabulary instruction
- Plan to monitor students’ understanding of vocabulary terms
- Teacher Mentors
- Teacher Leaders
- Instructional Coaches
Interested in bringing this session to your school or district?