Monitor and Measure
Successful standards-based planning starts with identifying the criteria for success in order to develop assessments and instruction that is tied to the standards.
In this hands-on session, teachers learn how to use rigorous learning targets and performance scales to make instructional decisions and drive formative assessment. Participants will create formative assessments to track student progress, plan to monitor student learning in both formal and informal ways, and discover how to encourage student ownership of learning by helping students track their own progress.
Participants Will Understand
- How to connect assessment and lessons to a progression of learning
- How criteria for success drives formative assessment and instruction
- The purposes and types of assessment
- Different approaches to tracking and celebrating student progress
- The desired result of tracking and celebrating student progress
Participants Will Be Able To
- Align assessment and instruction with standards using performance scales
- Use performances scales for formative purposes
- Design tasks to track student progress of each learning target using various types of assessments
- Help students track their own progress
- Plan approaches to celebrating student progress
Learning Targets & Scales training
- Teacher Mentors
- Instructional/Curriculum Coaches
- Building Administrators
- Central Office Instructional/Curriculum Support
Interested in bringing this session to your school or district?