Instructional Decision Making
In order for students to be able to demonstrate rigorous standards within the time constraints all teachers face, there needs to be a strategic and efficient use of instructional strategies. Teachers will learn to align strategies with standards-based performance scales, and learn to make instructional decisions that help students demonstrate understanding of content within a rigorous learning progression.
Strategic and efficient planning of instructional strategies will be modeled and recommended for use. This is a ‘hands-on’ session in which teachers will enhance their toolbox in order to more effectively scaffold to rigorous standards in their classroom.
Participants Will Understand
- A variety of instructional strategies
- How levels of cognitive complexity and student autonomy relate to rigor
- How performance scales drive selection of instructional strategies
Participants Will Be Able To
- Identify a variety of instructional strategies
- Focus on purposeful selection and implementation of research-based instructional strategies
- Plan lessons that scaffold to rigorous standards efficiently and strategically
- Teacher Mentors
- Instructional/Curriculum Coaches
- Building Administrators
- Central Office Instructional/Curriculum Support