Learn how to create an environment that supports student learning and enables students to demonstrate rigorous standards within an instructional cycle.
In Conditions for Learning, teachers will learn to construct and plan to implement strategies necessary to design a learning environment that provides a foundation for achieving rigor, encourages social and emotional learning, and enhances instruction. Highly effective strategies that establish the conditions for learning will be modeled and recommended for use. Teachers will have the opportunity to strengthen strategies they currently utilize to help students focus on learning and uncover other strategies, conditions, and criteria required to help create an environment of learning in their classroom.
This is a ‘hands-on’ session in which teachers will create a toolbox filled with strategies, tools, and resources to help set the conditions for learning. Teachers will learn how to use the strategies and teach associated conative skills as well as discuss how to tailor strategies to student needs.
Participants Will Understand
- Highly effective conditions strategies employed to help students focus on learning
- Conative skills developed and maintained by conditions strategies
- Strategies that set conditions for learning and bridge student needs/situations
- The purpose and how-to of intentionally planning strategies that help students focus on learning
Participants Will Be Able To
- Plan for the desired result of strategies that set the conditions for learning
- Take student needs and situations into account and ensure they achieve rigor when planning strategies that establish the conditions for learning
- Plan to monitor for the desired result of conditions strategies
- Incorporate appropriate conative skills while establishing conditions for learning
- Specify how establishing conditions for learning impacts student needs and achieving rigor
- Teacher Mentors
- Instructional/Curriculum Coaches
- Building Administrators
- Central Office Instructional/Curriculum Support