Evaluation in Michigan:
Student-Focused, Specific, and Reliable
Throughout Michigan, school districts using the Marzano Teacher Evaluation Model are seeing first hand how it:
- Aligns with and supports Michigan’s rigorous standards
- Provides instructional strategies that deepen student learning
- Gives teachers measurable goals to promote significant growth
- Includes a fully aligned, research-based model of instruction
- Supports everyone, including leadership and support staff
Dr. Marzano and Dr. Carbaugh Discuss Teacher Evaluation in Michigan.
See what Kingsley Area Schools administrators have said about their district’s journey from good to great.
“Teachers have grown in monitoring their students’ progress and in adjusting instruction to meet the needs of every student. Students have a deeper understanding of learning goals and how to assess their own growth along a scale. Overall, [the Marzano model] has helped our district move toward student- centered learning as we deepen rigor.”
—Farmington, MI, Public Schools Core Growth and Evaluation Team
Leadership Evaluation in Michigan
Aligned to the Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium (ISLLC) standards, the Marzano School Leader Evaluation Model provides school leaders and administrators with strategies and tools to empower their teachers, so leaders and teachers can focus together on the ultimate objective: improving student learning.
Although this school leader evaluation model supports any InTASC-aligned teacher evaluation model, its power is realized most fully when used in conjunction with the Marzano Teacher Evaluation Model. iObservation also fully supports all four Marzano educator evaluation models to make implementation manageable and affordable for any district.
Michigan Validation Assurances
- Marzano Teacher Evaluation Model for Michigan
- Marzano School Leader Evaluation Model for Michigan
- Marzano District Leader Evaluation Model for Michigan
- Instructional Support Personnel Evaluation Model (2014)
- Instructional Support Personnel Evaluation Model (2017)
- Non-classroom Instructional Personnel Evaluation Model
- 2014 Protocol Paper
- 2014 Learning Map
- Research Base and Validation Studies of the Marzano Evaluation Model
- Marzano Focused Non-Classroom Instructional Support Personnel Evaluation Model: Success Map, Scales and Evidences
- Marzano Focused Teacher Evaluation Model: Success Map, Scales and Evidences