Evaluation in Michigan:
Student-Focused, Specific, and Reliable
Throughout Michigan, school districts using the Marzano Teacher Evaluation Model are seeing first hand how it:
- Aligns with and supports Michigan’s rigorous standards
- Provides instructional strategies that deepen student learning
- Gives teachers measurable goals to promote significant growth
- Includes a fully aligned, research-based model of instruction
- Supports everyone, including leadership and support staff
Dr. Marzano and Dr. Carbaugh Discuss Teacher Evaluation in Michigan.
See what Kingsley Area Schools administrators have said about their district’s journey from good to great.
“Teachers have grown in monitoring their students’ progress and in adjusting instruction to meet the needs of every student. Students have a deeper understanding of learning goals and how to assess their own growth along a scale. Overall, [the Marzano model] has helped our district move toward student- centered learning as we deepen rigor.”
—Farmington, MI, Public Schools Core Growth and Evaluation Team
Leadership Evaluation in Michigan
Aligned to the Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium (ISLLC) standards, the Marzano School Leader Evaluation Model provides school leaders and administrators with strategies and tools to empower their teachers, so leaders and teachers can focus together on the ultimate objective: improving student learning.
Although this school leader evaluation model supports any InTASC-aligned teacher evaluation model, its power is realized most fully when used in conjunction with the Marzano Teacher Evaluation Model. iObservation also fully supports all four Marzano educator evaluation models to make implementation manageable and affordable for any district.
Resources and Events
- Implementation and redevelopment services
- A White paper on creating aligned teacher, school leader, and district administrator evaluation models – PDF
- A monograph on how the observation protocol for the 2014 Marzano Teacher Evaluation Model meets Common Core State Standards – PDF
- An examination of how the Marzano Teacher Evaluation Model aligns to the Professional Standards for Michigan Teachers — PDF
- Independent study comparing the Marzano model to another leading model
- Dr. Marzano’s thoughts on the two purposes of teacher evaluation.
- Marzano Center Webinars — View schedule
- Implementation and Redevelopment Services
- Watch a video of Dr. Marzano on the role of student achievement and teacher behavior in evaluation
- Research Reports documenting statistical analyses undertaken for the Marzano Teacher Evaluation Model, along with discussions of potential implications for classroom teachers and school administrators
- Building Expertise — The annual international Marzano conference
- Dr. Marzano’s four domains
Michigan Validation Assurances
- Marzano Teacher Evaluation Model for Michigan
- Marzano School Leader Evaluation Model for Michigan
- Marzano District Leader Evaluation Model for Michigan
- Instructional Support Personnel Evaluation Model